Monday 8 June 2020

Now where was I?

It's been a little while since I last posted here, but have been working away during 'lock-down' which coincided beautifully with my convalescence from heart surgery. So lots of time to gently reflect and to take a look at my close environment. Before I post more recent work, I thought I'd look back at recent work to pick up the threads of thought.


Pebble husks' - heated (re-cycled black bin liner) plastic around pebbles When cool, a slit was made in the plastic and the pebble slipped out, leaving the empty plastic husk. The pebbles will be returned to the nearby beach along the Severn Estuary.




More complex 'pebble husk' forms made as before around beach pebbles using strips of old packaging plastic, decorated by mono-printing, machine stitching and marker pens to echo the idea of feathers - connecting with the way that sea birds are effected by discarded plastics along the seashore.

1 comment:

  1. these are really cool! And the bird sounds work well with the video! HA The 'news' not so much! HA Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete